Monday, January 12, 2009

The Celluloid Closet

Question1.

The gay person are always sissy, and their gesture are like girls but a little weird; the lesbian person is muscular, manlike, and they always have short hair; if the character of the film or television is sissy or muscular, then we will think that he or she is homosexual, it’s the stereotype; and they are always not popular in the play, and sometimes, they are ridiculed because of their personalities. But, now there is some thing different because some movies describe the gay person that is very handsome, and the lesbian person is very pretty.


Question 3.

Yeah! If I see gay men holding hands walking, or kissing, I will….I will feel uncomfortable, and I think it’s weird, I don’t agree with it. But, it’s unfair because if I see two girls holding hands I don’t think it’s weird; in Taiwan if girls are very closed(they’re not lesbian but friends) they will holding hands to go to the restroom together(and……I do that!), but if two boys do the same thing, we won’t accept it, it really bothers people. But, why? Maybe it’s also the stereotype of male and female; people think if you’re a boy, you should be independent, and you can’t cry, you can’t show your emotion off, in this way I think be a girl is more happy than a boy!

No comments: